If you installed Resilio Management Console, and followed the steps to connect agents to it, but still do not see your agents on the Clients tab, follow these steps to troubleshoot:
Step 1. Check that Resilio Agent process is running.
- OS X: Open Activity monitor and search for "Resilio Connect Agent" process.
- Windows: Press "Win+R" key combination, type services.msс. In the list of services search for "Resilio Connect Agent Service" and make sure it's running. Try restarting it.
- Linux: In Terminal, run command
ps aux | grep agent. You will see a process
./rslagent --config sync.confrunning.
Step 2. The process is running, but still Agent doesn't connect: check that they are using agent config and connect to the right MC.
If Agents are not supposed to use configuration file, go to step 4.
Check the following directories for sync.conf file and :
OS X: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Resilio Connect Agent
Windows: C:\Program Files\Resilio Connect Agent
Linux: the process shall run with
--config sync.conf argument as mentioned above.
If the config is missing, re-download it from Management Console again.
Step 3. Config is present and being used by agent: check the config content itself.
Verify two things:
- Console's address, bootstrap token and Certificate fingerprint are correct. Compare those in config to those on Management Console UI -> Settings.
- JSON format validity, either run it through a json validator or visually check it.
Step 4. The process is running, the shall connect through IP (not configuration file).
Check the following:
- the address of the Management Console is correct in Agent UI (Windows and OS X) or in the
--server argument (Linux)
Step 5. Configuration file or the IP address are correct: check network between agents and Management Console.
Make sure that involved ports and protocols are properly configured and not-blocked. Allow this traffic through your firewalls. If you use Console's DNS name in agent's config, verify that it resolves to an available IP address for this agent.
If neither of the tips helps, please manually collect logs from the Agent and the Management Console using this guide.