Synchronization job is designed to perform file transfer between multiple agents back and forth, or perform one-way file transfer. Files in the shares can be modified, new file added and some deleted, and these changes synced to other agents. With this job you can make scheduled backup or file exchange.
Here's how Synchronization job gets created and configured:
1) Go to JOBS tab -> Add job, pick Synchronization.
2) Give the job a name and description. This is optional and defaults can be used.
Check option to use SHA2 hashing if preferred. Note that with SHA2 Agents running Connect version 2.0 and older will not be able to participate in this job.
3) Pick the Read-write group. If you don't have any, you can create it here and add agents to it. Agents, belonging to this group, will be able to upload the files to others, and exchange files between each other.
See more details on Group creation here.
4) Pick or create the Read-Only group. Agents from this groups will only be able to download files from others, but won't be uploading anything. RO group can be useful if you need to backup files to some agents. This step can be skipped by clicking "Next".
5) On this step you can specify location for syncing folder on all agents in RW and RO groups. You can use default Path Macros, or specify Custom location.
6) Review the job and Save.
Once created, the job will transfer files from specified locations on agents.