Synchronization job is designed to perform file transfer between multiple agents back and forth, or perform one-way file transfer. Files in the shares can be modified, new file added and some deleted, and these changes synced to other agents in real time. With this job you can make scheduled backup or file exchange, for example. Sync Job has only one Job Run.
How to configure Synchronization job
1) Create a new job
Go to JOBS tab -> Configure jobs -> Create new job, pick Synchronization.
2) Give the job a name and description
This is optional and defaults can be used. Check option to use SHA2 hashing if preferred. But in this case Agents running Connect version 2.0 and older will not be able to participate in the job.
3) Pick the Read-write group
If you don't have any, you can create it here and add agents to it. Also, you can separately select some agents for that job. Note, these ones won't be automatically added to any group!
- Select the directories paths for syncing. You can pick the custom directories or use defaults. If the configured directory does not exist on the Agent's computer, it'll be created.
- See more details on Group creation here.
4) Pick or create the Read-Only group
Agents from this groups will only be able to download files from others, but won't be uploading anything. RO group can be useful if you need to backup files to some agents. Same as above, you can select the agents separately.
- Pick the syncing directory path for these agents. You can use a custom location or defaults.
- This step can be skipped by clicking "Next".
6) Review the job and Save
Once created, the job will transfer files from specified locations on agents.