Groups view allows to manage all existing groups and add new ones. The “Remove” button removes a selected group. Folders that no longer belong to clients in the group will be removed from Agent or deleted from disk depending on the profile setting “Keep folder data”. Bulk removal with multi-selection is available.
How to Configure Groups
Add / Edit Groups
- To add a new group: go to Configure > Groups > click on "Create new group" button.
- To edit an existing group: Click on "Edit" button, or double-click on a group.
Allows to enter group name and description (optional). Can be changed later anytime.
On tab "Agent" one can check/uncheck agents to add or remove them from the group, provided this does not produce conflicts.
- If the agent you are trying to add already has the job with a permission different form that of the specified group, Resilio Management Console will display a conflict in the "Conflicts" column and won't allow to add the conflicting Agent.
- Also, conflict can be caused by different profiles or schedules assigned to different groups.
Allows to add or remove certain jobs for the group.
It supports job search and the following sorting:
- Checked: shows only jobs added to the current group
- Unchecked: shows only jobs not added to the current group or jobs that cannot be added to the group due to access conflicts
- Conflicts: whether or not selecting this job will create access conflict;
- Groups: the number of groups this job is already used for;
- Can only be changed when you choose one job from the list.
- Can be read-write, read-only and selective sync.
NoteIf you want to add a job to different groups, you must ensure that all Resilio Agents receiving the folder have the same permissions. If permissions are different, the Management Console's UI will display an exclamation mark in the "Conflicts" column and won't allow you to add the folder to the group.
Allows to choose a profile from the profiles list. You can create a new profile or edit the existing one in profiles settings.
NoteIf one of an agents belongs to different groups, you won't be able to change group's profile. On attempt to change the profile, the Management Console's UI will display a message box indicating which agent belongs to which group, having different profile.
Allows to choose a schedule from the list of available schedules. You can create one in Scheduler.
NoteIf one of an agents belongs to different groups, you won't be able to change group's schedule. On attempt to change the schedule, the Management Console's UI will display a message box indicating which agent belongs to which group, having different schedule.
Here you can configure new agents to be automatically added to the job as well as add a more refined rule based on agent tags (starting with v.2.6). Read more about it here.