This article describes the procedure of downgrading Agent to a version older than the currently installed, retaining Agent's identity, connection to the Management Console and participation in jobs.
Every time Resilio Agent updates it creates its storage folder backup. Typical agent backup stays in its storage folder and has a name
sync-<previous_version>-<unx_timestamp>.backup, for example
Backup folder is a mustDowngrade is only possible when backup folder exists. The version you are rolling back to must match the version mentioned in the backup folder name. Rollbacks without a backup folder or rollbacks to a different agents version are not supported.
Note, that Agent creates such a backup regardless of how it was updated: replacing .exe file, updated via MSI installer, linux package update, etc.
To roll back the Agent, please follow the procedure below:
- Stop your Resilio Agent process. On Windows, ensure you also stop all Agent UI processes (they look just like service process, though always strated under user accounts).
- Backup or delete the content of storage folder excluding
- Move the content of
.backupfolder to storage folder.
- Downgrade the Agent binary. Both ways are possible: simply replacing the binary file or uninstalling current/installing older version.
- If you use Agent UI - delete all files in Agent UI storage folder for all users that log in to the machine (
%APPDATA%\Roaming\Resilio Connect Agent UI)
- Start the Agent.
Some side effects after the downgrade are possible. From rolled back agent's POV some (and probably large amount of) files in the job changed immediately. Therefore:
- Agent may require some time to pick up the changes that happened since the update
- Agent may start from scratch jobs that were started after the update
- Agent may be not aware of jobs that started and finished after the update