Starting with Resilio Connect 3.8.0, Management Console DEB, RPM packages are available for Linux OS.
- arch: x64 (amd64, x86_64)
- init manager: systemd (with systemctl)
Note: even though legacy init.d script is available in the packages, it is not guaranteed to work on every GNU/Linux distribution, so it's recommended to use distribution with systemd.
Prior to v3.8.0 Management Console on Linux OS is installed from
"resilio-connect-server-linux-x64.tar.gz" tarball which is unpacked to
/opt folder by default.
Follow the steps below to update such installation to that via DEB/RPM package:
- Upgrade the MC to the latest version and stop it.
- Install the same version of MC using DEB/RPM package. During the installation new service file
/lib/systemd/system/resilio-connect-management-console.serviceand new Management Console storage folder in
/lib/systemd/system/resilio-connect-management-console.servicefile and change "user" and "group" to the user that used to run the current MC.
- Copy the content of the tarball-installed MC's storage folder
/opt/resilio-connect-server/var/to new storage folder of the package-installed MC
- Start package-installed MC.
- Disable the MC daemon if it was registered before.