In order to speed up receiving of certain files on certain agents priorities feature can be used. All jobs, apart from a Script job, can be prioritized. Basically the idea is that a job with a higher priority will be executed first. It's possible to prioritize only file downloads, i.e. option works for destination agents in Distribution and Consolidation jobs, and downloading agents in Sync job.
There are a few places to tweak priorities depending on the current need: job itself, a current job run, or some agent in a job run.
Can be changed in Job settings.
When a new job is created it's queued depending on its priority.
- If there's already a job with higher priority, the new job will wait till that one stops transferring files. While waiting, the low-priority job will still be indexing files on agents and merging folder tree, but no files will be synced! Each job run will have the same priority as job. Changed priority of a transfer job won't be applied to a currently active Job Run, but only to the next launched runs.
- If there's already a job with lower priority running, it will be allowed to finish current transfer and agents with switch to the new higher-priority job. When it's also done transferring, agents will continue with non-finished low-priority jobs.
- When there are a few jobs with same priority, they'll be performed simultaneously.
- When a job is awaiting its queue, agents will be showing status.
Job Run Priority
Job runs inherit priority from the job - each run of this job will have the same priority as the job. It's possible to change priority of a currently active Job Run in Job runs table. There's no need to restart the job in this case, but the updated priority will be applied to only the current run. All concurrent runs will take the job's priority.
Job Run for an agent
Transfer priority can be changed for an agent so that some jobs are finished before others for this particular agent. This only applies to an agent that receives files: destination agents in Distribution and Consolidation jobs, and a downloading agent in Sync job.
Priority per agentThese priorities are applied only to the given agent and are not going to affect other agents in the job, they are going to work in accordance with Job's priority setting.
- To change transfer priority for an agent go to agent details and select the priority from drop down menu. It can be changed for the transfers that are currently running.
- By default Job's priority is applied, and can be seen as "Default (N)" in the menu. If a transfer gets a higher priority, others are paused. Once the first one is done, agent switches to the next transfer with higher priority. If there are a few with same priority, they'll be done simultaneously.
- The transfers that are currently paused have 'syncing' status .
After restartWhen the job is done and restarted again, the agent will continue using custom priorities!
Also, if an agent starts using custom priority and then the whole job has its priority changed, the agent will continue using the custom one.
Starting with Resilio Connect v2.4.2 these also work in API.