With this feature Agents don't re-download identical Job data that already exists in the Job folder. When identical data is detected, the Agent copies it locally, saving network traffic effectively for other transfers.
When an Agent is looking for duplicated data during a transfer, it may show in the dashboard that the transfer speed is zero (because no data is being transferred over the network), even though the received amount of data continues to grow.
When copying local pieces works?
- It will copy pieces of the same file during transfer if pieces match
- It will copy pieces of the same file if they have been shifted
- It will copy the whole file if Agent has a file with the same hash in another job or in the archive folder
When copying local pieces does not work?
- If two files have at least one piece with different hash
- If data within the same file shifted by a significant offset
- If the file matches the hash of another archived file, but the archived file was deleted