Having a lot of agents in your environment you can use Connect's Distribution job to update them. Follow the steps:
- Ensure that your target OSes meet the prerequisites (specific for each OS, see below)
- Create Distribution job.
- Source path should contain at least 2 files for each OS you plan to update: a script and a binary. See particular OS below, files section.
- Ensure to enable one of triggers "Run script when agent completes download" or "Run script when all agents complete download".
- Get the OS-specific command and put it into relevant OS script box.
- Ensure that job only runs manually
- Run the job once ready.
Test your updateIt is strongly recommended to test your update on a small group of computers first
- Ensure your Agents on windows run as "SYSTEM" or user account with admin privileges. If they run as "Local Service" account, automatic update is not possible due to security subsystem limitations.
- Ensure Agents have Powershell 4.0 or newer
- Ensure that PC that host the Agent has the same amount of free space as Agent's storage folder for automatic backup
These files must be delivered to the Windows destination Agents. Download the Powershell script here. Binaries should be downloaded from Resilio Connect download site:
Job path could be any, but we recommend setting it to "C:\ResilioUpgrade" to ease further upgrade verification.
Copy-paste this batch script in the "Windows" section of the "After an Agent completes downloading" trigger.
After update, the Agent will reconnect to Management Console. If anything goes wrong, fetch the script logs from job details dialog or from "C:\ResilioUpgrade" upgrade directory. Refer here for details about script error codes.
Option to skip x86
If there are no computers with x86 architecture, skip delivering x86 binary to save traffic. Also, uncomment the line
rem set DontCheckFor32bitBinary="-NoX86exeCheck"of the script copied to the trigger to avoid script failing because of the missing executable:
Option to skip updating Explorer extensions
If Legacy Selective Sync is not used, skip updating Explorer extensions. To do it uncomment the line
rem set DontUpgradeExtension="-NoExtensionUpgrade":
As Agent runs under rslagent or local user account, update cannot be triggered by Agent itself due to Linux security model.
Use your Linux packet manager to update your packages. When installed via Resilio official repository Agent will update automatically only to latest minor version with next system update. If you are ready to update your Resilio Agent for Linux to latest major version, please add new major version repository as mentions in this instruction.
Remote updating of NAS is not possible. For NAS devices use new NAS packages to update Agents.
Resilio Connect Agent app must be installed in system's global "/Applications" folder. Please ensure that user with admin privileges logged in during the update. The script will prompt for admin password during update to actually replace application bundles.
These files must be delivered to your OS X destination:
If your agent runs as root user, use agent_update_mac_as_root script instead.
Use this commands in "OS X" section of the "After agent completes downloading" trigger to load and execute the "agent_update_mac" script
chmod +x agent_update_mac
nohup ./agent_update_mac &
The script will show system notifications once starting update and once done. Also, script will ask for admin password, so minor user interaction required. Output log file "update-<date>.log" will spawn in each Agent's storage folder. Use it to debug any issues that arise during update.