Update orderUpdate your Management Console and private tracker server (if you use one) prior to updating Agents.
Use same user accountBefore updating, check the LogOn user for Resilio Connect Agent Service. If this is a non-default Local System, be sure that you update Resilio Agent while being logged in as the user that installed the service initially*. Otherwise, the service will be re-registered again and as a result the LogOn account will default to Local System and Startup Type will be changed to system's default.
To learn that user check the list of programs that can be uninstalled - the Resilio Connect Agent shall be in this list for this user.
To update Agents download the appropriate installer and follow the steps below. Agents will remain in their groups after update.
- Download the Resilio Connect Agent MSI installer to the Windows workstation.
- Start the MSI installer
- When prompted for service user, pick the one that the current installation runs with. If it is not in the list, pay attention to the step 5.
- Wizard will require relaunch Windows Explorer upon installation.
- After Agent restarted, you can open Services app and ensure Agent runs as required user account.
After update is complete, the agent will keep on working the way it was set up.
MSI and Network sharesDo not launch MSI installer from network shares. This will cause the installer to fail.
- Stop current rslagent process.
- Download the agent's tar archive and unpack it to the same directory where rslagent binary is located.
- Launch it the same way and with the same config as agent.
Successful update conditionsFor successful updating and preserving all the settings, two conditions must be met:
- New Agent shall be using same settings as 'old' Agent
Settings are kept in .sync directory in the current location (pwd) from where the process is launched. So updated agent shall also be launched from the same directory.
- Agent shall have read-write access to the settings and shared files. So if necessary, adjust posix permissions in the system.
Download the Resilio Connect Agent dmg file. Stop the current Agent if it's running and launch the downloaded package. Move it to Applications folder picking to replace the existing file.
Once done, launch the Agent the way you're used to.
Agent will preserve its settings and keep working the way it was set up.