Update orderUpdate your private tracker server (if you use one), and Management Console prior updating your Agents.
To update Agents download the appropriate installer and follow the steps below.
Agents will remain in their groups after update.
- Download the Resilio Connect Agent MSI installer to the Windows workstation.
- Start the MSI installer
- When prompted for service user, pick the one that the current installation runs with. If it is not in the list, pay attention to the step 5.
- Wizard will require relaunch Windows Explorer upon installation.
- After Agent restarted, you can open Services app and ensure Agent runs as required user account.
After update is complete, the agent will keep on working the way it was set up.
MSI and Network sharesDo not launch MSI installer from network shares. This will cause the installer to fail.
- Stop current rslagent process.
- Download the agent's tar archive and unpack it to the same directory where agent is located.
- Launch it the same way and with the same config as agent.
Successful update conditionsFor successful updating and preserving all the settings, two conditions must be met:
- New Agent shall be using same settings as 'old' Agent
Settings are kept in .sync directory in the current location (pwd) from there the process is launched. So updated agent shall also be launched from the same directory.
- Agent shall have read-write access to the settings and shared files. So if necessary, adjust posix permissions in the system.
Download the Resilio Connect Agent dmg file. Stop the current Agent if it's running and launch the downloaded package. Move it to Applications folder picking to replace the existing file.
Once done, launch the Agent the way you're used to.
Agent will preserver its settings and keep working the way it was set up.