The Bandwidth Scheduler allows you to create and edit schedules, which later can be assigned to Groups of Agents. Every schedule is a time grid of 24 hours by 7 days. IT can be done by the Administrator in the Management Console or the user in the Agent UI. The article below covers the MC's scheduler. See here for details about scheduler in the Agent UI.
For the bandwidth scheduler in the MC:
- The time parameter is the local time of an Agent.
- Every cell can be assigned a single rule.
- There are two default rules: "full bandwidth" (green cells) and "pause synchronization" (gray ones).
- You can add additional rules by using the "add a rule" link
- You can change the rule assignment by selecting a rule, and then selecting an area on the grid where the rule should apply.
- Starting with Resilio Connect v3.0.0 admin can choose bandwidth units in the Scheduler.
How to use the scheduler?
- Using the "Add a rule" link you can add up to 5 custom rules, each dictating limits to upload and download speeds. Please note that by default the speed limit is only applied to WAN/Internet traffic. You can enforce a limit on local/LAN traffic by setting "Limit LAN bandwidth" in your profile.
- Setting speed limit value 0 kB/s or smaller than 8Kbps means that the job will be paused. It applies to all transfers (global and local) regardless of the "Limit LAN bandwidth" setting.
- Pause implies that agents v2.10 and newer stop all network activity, but will scan and index new or updated files. Agents of older version only pause upload and download data transfer but a few things still continue:
- Zero sized files will be synced
- File's deletion will be synced
- New files will be rescanned and indexed
Once the Agent is assigned a speed limit, either through the Management Console or the Agent UI, it reports the corresponding icon in the job. The icon appears even if "Limit LAN bandwidth" parameter in the Agent profile is set to No, but the Agent has a bandwidth limit applied.
Bandwidth scheduler speed limits are not applied to a cloud storage connection by default. It can be changed with a custom parameter
rate_limit_cloud_connections in Agent' Cloud storage profile. Note, if a Job has only two Agents one of which is a Cloud Agent, the configured bandwidth speed limits will be applied to and enforced by the other Agent in the job.
Scheduler timezoneOnce an Agent receives its group schedule, it is going to enforce it according to the local time. So it would be wise to assign different schedules to Agents that are located in different timezones.
Limitations and peculiarities
- Minimal advisable speed limit for UTP, UTP2 and ZGT protocols is 1 Mbps. Speed limits lower than that requires adjusting MTU in the Profiles. Please contact support to have it configured properly for your case.