The Bandwidth Scheduler allows you to create and edit schedules, which later can be assigned to Groups of Agents. Every schedule is a time grid of 24 hours by 7 days.
- The time parameter is the local time of an Agent.
- Every cell can be assigned a single rule.
- There are two default rules: "full bandwidth" (green cells) and "pause synchronization" (gray ones).
- You can add additional rules by using the "add a rule" link
- You can change the rule assignment by selecting a rule, and then selecting an area on the grid where the rule should apply.
How to use the scheduler?
- Using the "Add a rule" link you can add up to 5 custom rules, each dictating limits to upload and download speeds. Please note that by default the speed limit is only applied to WAN/Internet traffic. You can enforce a limit on local/LAN traffic by setting "Limit LAN bandwidth" in your profile.
- Setting speed limit value 0 kB/s means that the job will be paused. It applies to all transfers (global and local) regardless of the "Limit LAN bandwidth" setting.
- Pause implies that agents v2.10 and newer stop all network activity, but will scan and index new or updated files. Agents of older version only pause upload and download data transfer but a few things still continue:
- Zero sized files will be synced
- File's deletion will be synced
- New files will be rescanned and indexed