Blocked user accounts
Each User Account in the Management Console is protected with username/password credentials. These are set when a new user is created by the SuperAdmin. If an invalid login is attempted 10 times in a row, the user is blocked from the Management Console.
If you seek to reset the 2-factor authentication code, please see here.
SuperAdmins can reset the user's password through the Management Console. The SuperAdmin needs to log in to MC, go to settings -> User. Find the necessary user, select the user, click on edit and enter a new password for the user.
If the user is blocked, the SuperAdmin must reset the password by clicking on the 'Blocked' status of the user and get the token generated
Copy the generated link and paste it into URL bar. Enter and confirm the new password. This user gets automatically logged in.
Reset credentials manually
If the SuperAdmin cannot reset credentials for a reason (e.g. cannot log in to Management Console as or is away), follow the steps below
- Open Services console (Win + R, “services.msc”) and stop “Resilio Connect Management Console” service
- Open elevated Command Prompt (run it as Admin) and navigate to "C:\Program Files\Resilio Connect Server"
- Run command:
srvctrl.cmd resetpassword <username> --appdata <path>
<username> - if don't remember or don't have any, enter ANYter name and you'll be prompted to create such a user
<path> is MC's storage folder "C:\ProgramData\Resilio\Connect Server".
- Start “Resilio Connect Management Console” service and go by the link suggested in the command output.
- Enter the new password and log in
- Stop Management Console with
- Reset password with
./srvctrl resetpassword <username> --appdata <path to srvctrl>/var
<username> - if don't remember or don't have any, enter any name and you'll be prompted to create such a user
<path to srvctrl> is the directory where srvctrl is installed.
- Start Management Console with
./srvctrl startand open the link from command output
When done, Enter the new password and log in