Resilio Connect Management Console v2.7.2 has an advanced folder browser for selecting a sync directory in a job. Instead of manually typing the path, it's now possible to select the directory from an agent.
Selecting a sync directory in a job by browsing from an agent will specify that directory and its file path name for all agents in the same group, using the same operating system. Other agents with the same platform will use the same path.
Clicking on "Browse" will open the browser window itself. Below is the description of its fields.
1. Switch between the custom folder location or a Path Macro (apart from Cloud storage). When switching to another macro, the currently built path will be reset to its browsing root directory. NOTE: This also means that agent tags, like "%SRC:AGENT_NAME%" that are compulsory for Consolidation jobs, will be removed and will need to be added manually. Before browsing for paths remember to note any agent tags needed and manually add them after browsing for paths.
SMB shareSMB share won't be available until you map the UNC path under the system session using
2. The root of browsing & path builder.
|If it's a path macro, the root is a directory where the is resolved.||If "Direct path" path is selected, it's the root of the file system. The agent shows all its available locations, local disks, network shares, USB, etc. Starting with 2.12 the direct path defaults to Default folder location, see here for more details.|
Starting from v2.8.0, creating directories in the folder browser is supported using "Create folder" button. Alternatively, one can type the path manually and press Enter. The path will be created by the agent, but the folder browser won't be able to reflect it. It's possible to add agent tags into the path through this field.
Source foldersIn transfer jobs, the source agent's folders cannot be automatically created by agent. Point an agent to an existing folder or create a new one explicitly with "Create folder" button.
3. Navigation bar. Folders here are clickable and allow jumping from one level to another.
Starts with either "a_path_macro" (for a selected macro) or "Agent" (for a Custom path).
4. Folder tree itself. Reflects all the directories in the current location, shows hidden folders as well.
To go inside a folder click on its name. To select a folder from the list as a target directory, check the checkbox and click Select. If no folder is checked, the current location is used as the target directory.
If the agent could not list the folders, for example, if the path was typed manually, an error message will appear. The folder will be created forcibly (except for the source agent in the Distribution or consolidation job)
5. Resulting path. That's the directory that will be used as a syncing folder in the end. Path macros are resolved here automatically, but only if there are no tags in the path.
Once a folder is selected, you'll be redirected back to "Edit path target" dialog with the path applied.
Resilio v2.11 supports browsing through buckets, containers, shares of a cloud storage. For simplicity in this guide, we'll refer to all as 'bucket'. To start browsing, click on the Browse button. The access keys provided in the cloud storage configuration must have permissions to list the buckets.
Listing of buckets/containers/shares requires special permissions be granted:
- Amazon S3: credentials must provide full access to all S3 buckets in the account.
- Google Cloud: credentials must provide full access to the storage service of the selected project (service account role “Storage Admin”).
Google Cloud requires a Project ID to be able to browse through buckets instead of Project Name. For updates from the older version of Resilio Connect, manually update the configuration and change it to Project ID. Otherwise, browsing through buckets and testing connections to the configured Google Cloud storage won't work.
- Azure Blob Storage and Files Storage: key authorization should work without any special configuration. However, the SAS token must include the minimum permissions described below.
2. Button to create a new bucket in the storage.
3. List of available buckets. The fact that the provided keys have permissions to list the bucket does not necessarily mean that they will also have permissions to read/write inside the bucket. Inside a bucket, Admin can create a 'folder'. However, it won't appear on the storage until the job is started.