Resilio Connect Management Console v2.7.2 has an advanced folder browser for selecting a sync directory in a job. Instead of manually typing the path, it's now possible to select the directory from an agent.
Selecting a sync directory in a job by browsing from an agent will specify that directory and its file path name for all agents in the same group, using the same operating system. Other agents with the same platform will use the same path.
Clicking on "Browse" will open the browser window itself. Below is the description of its fields.
Note agent versionFile browser works for agents with version 2.7.2 and newer.
1. Switch between the Custom folder location or a Path Macro. When switching to another macro, the currently built path will be reset to its browsing root directory. NOTE: This also means that agent tags, like "%SRC:AGENT_NAME%" that are compulsory for Consolidation jobs, will be removed and will need to be added manually. Before browsing for paths remember to note for yourself any agent tags needed and manually add them after browsing for paths.
2. The root of browsing & path builder.
|If it's a path macro, the root is a directory where the is resolved.||If "Custom" path is selected, it's the root of the file system. Agent shows all its available locations, local disks, network shares, USB, etc.|
Creating directories right in the folder browser is not supported. However, in this field one can type the path manually and press Enter . The path will be created by the agent, but the folder browser won't be able to reflect it. It's possible to add agent tags into the path through this field.
3. Navigation bar. Folders here are clickable and allow jumping from one level to another.
Starts with either "a_path_macro" (for a selected macro) or "Agent" (for a Custom path).
4. Folder tree itself. Reflects all the directories in the current location, shows hidden folders as well.
To go inside a folder click on its name. To select a folder from the list as a target directory, check the checkbox and click Select. If no folder is checked, the current location is used as the target directory.
If the agent was not able to list the folders, for example, if the path was typed manually, an error message will appear.
5. Resulting path. That's the directory that will be used as syncing folder in the end. Path macros are resolved here automatically, but only if there are no tags in the path.
Once a folder is selected, you'll be redirected back to "Edit path target" dialog with the path applied.