Registering MC as daemon allows administrator to control MC using systemctl command as well as allows to load MC automatically when Linux starts. Please follow instructions below to register MC as a daemon:
- ensure your Management Console is installed in
- create a file
- place the following content in the file (alternatively you can download file here and simply copy it to
[Unit] Description=Resilio Connect Management Console service Documentation=https://connect.resilio.com After=network-online.target [Service] Type=forking User=root Group=root UMask=0002 Restart=on-failure TimeoutSec=600 PIDFile=/opt/resilio-connect-server/var/data/server.pid Environment="SIT_APPDATA=/opt/resilio-connect-server/var/data" Environment="SYSTEMD_LOG_LEVEL=debug" ExecStart=/opt/resilio-connect-server/srvctrl start ExecStop=/opt/resilio-connect-server/srvctrl stop ExecStartPost=/bin/sleep 1 [Install] Alias=resilio-connect-server WantedBy=multi-user.target
- run the command to force systemctl reload list of daemons:
sudo systemctl daemon-reload
- to enable Resilio Console service run at boot (use command disable if it's no longer needed):
sudo systemctl enable resilio-connect-server
- to launch or stop Resilio Console service in runtime use commands 'start' or 'stop'
sudo systemctl start resilio-connect-server
root userPlease pay attention to the
Groupvalues. They set to root by default for easier permissions management. Although it is highly recommended to replace these values to other user and group without excessive permissions.