Not supported by OS X architectureSynchronizing color labels and Finder comments is not designed by OS X architecture itself. While Resilio Connect is flexible enough to force it, please do it at your own risk only.
To allow agents synchronizing color labels and Finder comments do the following:
- Enable synchronization of extended attributes in relevant agent profile (must be enabled for all agents participating in transfer).
- Edit StreamsList file on all OS X peers and ensure it synchronizes extended attribute called
- Allow synchronization of .DS_Store file by either removing it from default IgnoreList or whitelisting it.
After these changes are made, the job that will be syncing color labels has to be deleted and created again with the same agents and paths.
Known issues related to this way of synchronization of color labels and comments:
- .DS_Store file contains comments for ALL files in a single directory. Therefore, editing comments in the same directory on two different machines may cause one comment to be discarded.
- Finder app does not update comments automatically after synchronization and it may take time to reload them (or even relaunch finder to update comments).
- Non-standard labels may not be synchronized
- Color Finder tags don't appear in a TSS folder, this is a known limitation.