Starting from v2.11 Resilio Connect allows agents restart in an active job run and in synchronization jobs.
Restarting the agent is useful for:
- fixing Database error
- fixing Share's identifying errors
- fixing Missing folder errors
- forcing the agent to re-download data in distribution jobs without restarting the whole job run
Restarting an agent means that it will:
- delete database (.db, files.db and sf.db) files associated with the job run and create new ones.
- delete .sync/ID and part files .!sync. New .sync/ID will be created. The partially downloaded files will be downloaded anew.
- preserve IgnoreList, StreamsList, Archive and other files inside .sync apart from those mentioned above.
This action will produce two events in the job run - agent was removed from the job and added back
Full reindexingAs a side effect the agent will have to build indices for all files within job from scratch. If your job contains millions of files that may take significant time to perform reindexing.
The Agent will remain in job run even if it takes long to restart. While the agent is being restarted it will report status 'loading' in the job run.