This guide will help you migrate Management Console to the new machine preserving its configuration. Migrated console retains agents, jobs and job runs, profiles, groups, users and all related parameters from the old console.
Management Console's AgentFollowing steps do not let migrate Management Console's Agent and its jobs.
If you need to migrate Management Console's Agent contact support to accomplish it.
1. Management Console on the new location must use the same IP address or DNS name as the old one (whichever was used for the old Management Console). Otherwise, the agents won't be able to connect to it as they will be attempting to connect by the old address. Here are the ways to work it around if you cannot preserve MC IP or DNS name:
- if agents were connected to the console using sync.conf file, their config files shall be updated with new address. See this guide to set new IP address or DNS name, using the old Management Console yet.
- if agents were connected using console's IP address (over Agent UI on Windows or using --server option on Linux), is it required to enter the location of the new Management Console on each agent manually.
2. New Management Console must have same version. If you plan to upgrade Management Console, fully complete the migration first.
Migration to a different OS is supported.
Migration does not reset administrators or their credentials. If you're looking to reset user's password follow this guide.
1. Install a clean Management Console on a new machine.
2. Stop the Management Console service on the new machine.
3. On the old machine, navigate to "Settings" -> "Backups" tab, click "Backup now" to create the latest backup:
4. Stop Management Console service on the old machine.
5. Copy latest backup located in
data/server_backup of the storage folder from an old machine to the
data/server_backup of the storage folder on a new machine. You might have to create
server_backup folder manually on the new machine:
6. Start the Management Console service on a new machine and launch webUI. You will have to set up the console as if it was the new installation: create a temporary user and upload your license.
7. Restore the backup on a new machine:
8. Management console service will restart. Reload the page, login with any old (restored) user's credentials, confirm the console's state is restored. Temporary user is deleted. Old management console can be discarded.