Bellow are most common error messages that may appear during configuration of connection to SMT server.
3588:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number:c:\ws\deps\openssl\openssl\ssl\record\ssl3_record.c:332:
This error shows that the SMTP server does not expect TLS connection from SMTP client (Management Console). Change "Encryption method" to "No encryption" or "STARTTLS" (Exact method depends on your SMTP server configuration). "STARTTLS" is preferable as it at least gives a chance for the server to start secure communications later.
unable to get local issuer certificate
Management Console is unable to verify your CA or intermediate CA of your AD certificate.
To fix it try the following:
- export your whole certificate chain as Base64 encoded certificates
- enter it to MC General settings -> Advanced server settings -> Custom trusted CA certificates
Other solutions would be:
- forcing Management Console to skip certification path check (lowers the security as forces MC to accept any self-signed certificate on a remote server). It can be done by setting environment variable
NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED to value 0.
- On linux, prepend <resilio-connect-server>/srvctrl script with:
- On windows, in elevated Comand Prompt run comamnd
setx NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED "0"or add it through System Properties/Environment Variables/System Variables/New...
- disabling TLS/SSL. This is a not secure solution and shall be used only as last resort and only if Resilio Connect setup works in a secured environment.
Invalid login: <version> Authentication unsuccessful, basic authentication is disabled.
The error is returned by the SMTP server and it means that the server does not accept basic authentication. Reconfiguring the SMTP server is required to fix it.
Invalid login: application-specific password is required
For mail accounts with 2FA enabled, it's required to use app password for authorization. It can be enabled in mail account settings.